Selling ebooks online is one of the most profitable businesses anyone can do on the Internet. If you are thinking of making money online by selling ebooks, there are ways to go about it. You can sell other people’s information products/ebooks and take a commission on each sale (affiliate marketing) or you can write your eBook. There are many sites and platforms where you can start selling eBooks online in Nigeria. Some of them are:
- Own a website. Here, you write your ebook and host it on your website to start making sales. So an author can also sell ebooks on their websites and target the world including Nigeria. After creating ebooks convert to pdf and upload them on the website and sell them using a secure payment processor.
- Sell on a third-party site. One of the best sources of eBooks in Nigeria is eBookHawker.com. Visit the website to buy and/or sell eBooks in Nigeria. eBookHawker.com also provides professional eBook publishing in Nigeria. This platform gives commission on sale up to 60%.
- Amazon KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing). This method is popular but not yet active in Nigeria. If Nigerians want to use this method, then they should target buyers in other countries and their book should be interesting to readers in other countries. Amazon only collects commission from the sales and the publishers don’t have to pay for the amazon. It allows us to create and publish the ebooks at our price and royalty.
You can start selling ebooks online in Nigeria effectively via these four methods:
- Information marketing techniques- there is an approach take from identifying the market to creating the product and finally selling it.
- Creating a blog- this requires writing articles about your ebook and posting them on a website.
- Gumroad: is a popular service that connects to your blog and allows you to sell digital products. It’s only $10 a month, and they take a small percentage of each sale to cover the credit card transaction fees.
- E-junkie: is another excellent service that can have you up and sell in minutes.
- Direct/ads marketing- Through direct marketing, just bump to someone online suffering from a particular problem, and then introduce the product to them. Ads can be:
- Social media ads
- CPC cost per click ads
- PPC pay per click
- Free social traffic methods- The free social media traffic method is done by joining the various group on social media. Find the most pressing problem and create a product (solution). Share with the group members and make sales.
By using the above methods you can start selling eBooks online in Nigeria. Those are very easy methods and anyone can use it if you know how to use devices such as mobile, computer, laptop, etc. These days reading eBooks is very popular. So you can sell a lot of eBooks and make money online.